This blog is a collection of my thoughts and some essential information and scripts around databases.
I have worked on databases since 1995, starting with MySQL and Oracle since 1999.
I hold a few certificates. Mainly they show what I’ve been interested on.
- Oracle Certified Professional: 10g, 11g
- Oracle Certified RAC expert: 10g
- Oracle Database SQL Expert
- Sun Certified MySQL DBA – CMDBA 5.x
In my work, I take care of whatever tasks there are regarding databases.
Mostly these are DBA tasks such as:
- restoring, cloning, backing up databases with RMAN
- Monitoring, troubleshooting databases
- Tuning database performance
- Auditing databases and configurations
- Disaster recovery planning
- Database migrations, upgrades
- Setting up databases (create databases, from single to HA, to RACs)
- Writing scripts
- Maintaining and using Enterprise Manager Grid Control (patching, upgrading, fixing, using , planning new architecture, implementation), agents and OMS repository verifications
- Moving, consolidating databases with different methods: rman, copy over network, dataguard, etc.
- Replication: dataguard, streams, golden gate
- OS: Linux, Solaris, HP-UX..
- Storage: volume management with LVM, Veritas, Solaris Disksuite, ASM, DRBD on Linux
- Clusters: Heartbeats CRMs, and RACs, starting to research RH Cluster Suite
- Consultation on databases ( special requests )
- Writing documentation
- New features implementations
- Storage assesments
- Virtualization with Oracle VM, XEN, Linux etc, Solaris zones